Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanks for the home altering life


November 20, 2012
Hello again.  As it is slightly possible that you noticed, I've not been harassing you with my usual pompastic bombasity lately.  Well, here's why.

Ooops.  I mean here's why.

That's right, I've been engaged in the unhealthy hobby of home alteration.  That is not a mere light, but is actually also a bathroom ventilation fan.  Pretty f-ing awesome, eh, fledglings?  No?  Well, what do you got?  Go ahead, impress me.  It ain't that hard.  If I can impress myself, than anyone can!  Nick impressed me with his funky dance moves during the enjoyable annual Taco Ride before Thanksgiving outing that we participated in a mere 8 days or so ago.

It was an enjoyable time, and I expressed my admiration for one Gwendolyn Stefani several times once.  That is because I have been listening to my No Doubt Return of Saturn CD a lot lately.  As evidenced by this photo, Gwendolyn and her husband Bill or something are avid bicyclers.

(photo deleted at Gwen's Bill's request.  He doesn't want to be typecast as an IF cyclocross bicycler, and who can blame him!)

Famous people and bicycles go together like home-alteration and electrocution, which I have successfully avoided thus far, thanks to the great Pilgrim Pumpkin God.
sugaredblog.blogspot.com


As the seasons change, so are the cycles of our lives.  Sometimes like a road bicycle, other times like a mountain bicycle, etc.  You may be relieved to hear that I will likely be berating you with my safety-centric ranting less frequently forthwith.  That is because I will be engaged in changing diapers for a baby dinosaur with a large head (and little arms) that is due to aRRRive any era now.  So get ready for another member of the baby parents' club you elitist, sleep-deprived, parenting animals.  Baby Snot is likely going to take some time to mold/neglect into his full human potential ASAP so he can help support me in my planned early retirement from the freelance livestock feed QA/QC work that helps feed my family and I.

On another note, I have been informed of this cool-looking event is slated to take place at Swanson Park on Sunday, December 16.  It is a biathlon that involves neither cross-country skiing nor sharp-shooting, but rather cross-country bicycling and trotting/running.  Festivities begin at 1.  Looks like a good opportunity for some social interaction and fresh air.  You get out there and enjoy.  I'll be here in the basement, engaged in re-evaluating priorities and saving money.

Have you noticed there seem to be lots of people out bicycling these days?  No?  Well there are dammit, and you'd best keep an eye on them!  Especially if, like me, they ride slowly and erratically.  Nearly as hazardous as home-alteration projects.  From bicycle to attic, the risk-enjoyment/management opportunities are nearly limitless.  So grab that life-altering Dremel and let's ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment